Monday, September 8, 2008

Building a Castle

Welcome!

My aim is to explore the making of a healthy marriage, as I embark on the adventure myself. So from the beginning your rest can be assured in knowing that "I'm not only the president, I'm also a client."

Many analogies can be played into telling any story. So for the time being, let us begin by looking at building a healthy marriage as if we we're building a castle. Now keep in mind, this isn't just any castle. We're not laying foundations for what a small business might look like. We're not preparing the land for any of our wildest fantasies. We're building a marriage. In my opinion this is the most important relationship we could have with any being, second only to The Keeper of our eternal resting place. We're making the choice to bind our life with another, in order to form one accord. This can be intimidating to most, but for me; it has always been an inspiration.

Here's an assumption: We know that the impact of the marriage union on humanity is grand. It is grand, and far beyond cool, and much trendier than any modern trend. I would argue that it is the biggest trend in any male/female relationship ever. From generation to generation, men and women recognize their need for help on innumerable levels. And since man was created, the only being suitable to meet the relational needs of man has been woman.

So the castle begins. Knowing the purpose we were made by gives us a design for a relationship. Not just any relationship, but the pinnacle of all relationships: the relationship that was designed to meet our relational needs.

Let my castle begin with me.

No comments: